City Of Industry, CA Apply
The Sanitation Tech will ensure the quality of our product and safety of our employees through maintaining a clean plant and working with the production team on any production or sanitation needs.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Must follow plant safety guidelines and wear PPE when cleaning.
- Lock out machinery that is being cleaned.
- Submit required information/forms to the Sanitation Supervisor.
- Use water, chemicals, and sanitizer to clean and sanitize equipment and production rooms daily. Disassemble, reassemble, and sanitize equipment. Cleaning equipment and machinery.
- Detailed sanitation and up-keep of the facility along with ensuring that all processing equipment is properly cleaned and sanitized to establish standards to process food products
- Sweep and squeegee floors.
- Carries out the day-to-day cleaning and duties of the sanitation department.
- Identify and report food safety and food quality issues.
- Follow all OSHA safety guidelines required by company.
- Comply with GMP and Food safety guidelines.
- Perform all other tasks as requested by plant/floor supervision.
- Wear specified company provided protective gear at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position requires the use of special safety precautions and/or equipment, e.g., working around operating machines, working with hazardous chemicals and materials, etc.
While performing the essential functions of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The work requires some physical exertion such as long periods of standing; walking over slippery surfaces; recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities; recurring lifting of moderately heavy items such as samples and record boxes. This position requires frequent pulling, carrying, and lifting up to 50lbs.
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee or this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Basic knowledge of the function and operation of sanitation equipment required.
- High school diploma.
- Must comply with all established safety procedures along with OSHA rules and regulations.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English.
- Must be able to work at a quick pace, working around water and cleaning materials.
- Must have good attendance and able to work Sunday’s.
- Able to work overtime, weekends and some holidays when needed.