On behalf of a client we are looking for an individual who wants to join a team in an Inventory Control Specialist role. The company is looking for an energetic and dedicated person help us hone and streamline our inventory control and logistics procedures, as well as becoming a top down example who will infuse these practices into the culture of our operation.
An Inventory Control Specialist is responsible for managing inventory using computer-based programs such as QuickBooks, ERP systems and 3PL Logistics; ensuring live updating of current inventory, timely ordering and prioritizing tasks to keep warehouse stock current and moving efficiently while also leading staff in these practices. This position also requires experience and knowledge in shipping and receiving inventory, including Bills of Lading, on time shipping and Quality Control of the entire process from receiving, assembly line oversight, to order fulfillment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Audit and report inventory. Make recommendations on which items to order and restock
- Execute and file required reports, logs, databases and forms
- Perform roving in-process inspection of orders in shipping and receiving
- Verify production records and accurately document those into standard operating procedures
- Perform visual quality control inspections of inbound and outbound shipments
- Summarize and report to management quality issues and concerns
- Oversee shipping and receiving
- Generate Bills of Lading
- Manage and control inventory
- Work with customer shipping systems
- Establish, maintain, and oversee warehouse practices and protocols
- Communicate with other departments to ensure products are shipped accurate and in a timely manner
- Create and deliver regular reporting of inventory levels via ERP/QuickBooks
- Create and deliver regular reporting of production levels via ERP/QuickBooks
- Create and oversee daily workflow and order fulfillment practices
- Troubleshooting problems and create solutions to ensure warehouse operations are at peak output
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Minimum of 3 years in warehouse inventory control and purchasing to restock inventory to proper levels
- Shipping/Receiving and Quality Control
- Experience with direct fulfillment operations
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Experience in shipping and receiving processes to include generation of Bills of Lading
- Computer Inventory Management, using QuickBooks, ERP and 3PL Logistics
- General familiarity with l warehouse logistics
- Effective leadership and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience with warehouse management systems, CRM (Customer Relations Program) and inventory programs
- Proficient in computer programs such as Word, Excel and MS Office
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Microsoft or similar certifications in the use of software as it pertains to inventory control, procurement or manufacturing.
- 3rd Party certifications in process and/or policy with an emphasis in procurement, inventory control or manufacturing
- An Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in business as it pertains to procurement, inventory control or manufacturing is a plus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for extended periods of time; moving about the warehouse to complete all duties. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds when required.
- We offer excellent compensation packages DOE, along with benefits