City Of Industry, CA
Primary job responsibilities for this Maintenance Technician will include handling all preventative maintenance, repairs, and troubleshooting on industrial machinery and production equipment. They will be working with systems including, but not limited to Packaging machines, belted fryers, pumps, motors, gearboxes, conveyors, and other industrial production equipment.
Company environment: Production, fast paced, focused on safety, quality and on time product shipment. Will be communicating closely with immediate supervisor, between shifts, with production supervisors and machine operators. There is a strong emphasis on one team pulling together.
Additional position requirements:
- Perform highly diversified duties to maintain production machines.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of the job. Itis not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
· We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, martial or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
· Pre-employment testing includes drug screening, a criminal background check, and a physical exam. Applicants must be United States citizens or legal residents of the United States. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- High School diploma or GED
- 2 years experience in the maintenance and repair of industrial production equipment in the food or beverage industry.
- Packaging experience is required.
- Strong mechanical skills required.
- Industrial Electrical and mechanical troubleshooting skills required.
- Ability to follow manufacturers specifications and schematics.
- Must be able to read electrical schematics. Knowledge of pneumatics.
- Strong communications skills.
- Experience in troubleshooting, repairs, and preventative maintenance on mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Experience with 3 phase electrical systems, industrial controls and VFDs.
- Basic Computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Able to complete paperwork accurately, legibly and on time.
- Understanding of regulatory agency guidelines like OSHA, FDA, NFPA, NEMA, and EPA regulations as well as being able to comply with them from a craftsman perspective.
- Able to communicate effectively with OEM technical assistance technicians.
- Ability to work with little supervision.
- Experience in stainless welding is preferred.
- Experienced in PLC’s as well as other motion control devices is preferred.